Gold Membership is Dead Frontier's optional subscription service, and comes in three variants.
|Monthly||$ 7.95||Yes (Monthly)|
|6 Months||$ 39.95||No|
|12 Months||$ 72.95||No|
(All prices do not include tax, which may be added on during purchase depending on your location)
How to cancel your Gold Membership (if using a Credit Card)
- There is no manual way to cancel Gold Membership subscription; currently the only possible method is to use the game's Support system to file a support ticket. You can locate it by clicking the Help button at the top right of the outpost screen and clicking the 'Support' button.
- Step By Step:
- Technical Help
- Send a Support Ticket
- File Support Ticket to Cancel Membership
Being a "Gold Member" gives you the following benefits:
200 Credits right away and for each Gold Membership renewal
- Aside from the other bonuses, you get 200 valuable credits on the day your gold membership starts or gets automatically renewed each month, which already equals the $7.95 if you bought only 200 credits. If purchasing the larger subscriptions, the credits are given in one bulk sum from the start. 6 Months giving you 1,200 credits and the 12 Months giving you 2,400 credits.
Double Experience per Kill
- This stacks multiplicatively with other bonuses, such as those of Professions with experience boosts and Implants/Drugs/event bonuses. See Stats_and_Levels#Experience for the detailed formula.
Better Mission Rewards
- Missions reward double the experience and cash upon completion!
Improved Looting Chances
- Gold Members receive a bevy of looting improvements compared to normal players:
- Extra loot spots for both indoors and outdoors.
- Doubled chance to loot weapons and armour.
- Increased proficiency cap for weapons/armors; only Gold Members can loot 120 proficiency weapons and level 75+ armors.
- Increased chance to get an Ammunition offer (along with reduced chance for Food and Medication offers), as well as greatly increased amount per offer.
- Doubled cash drop amount.
- Contrary to popular beliefs, Gold Membership does not change the chance of looting "nothing" (which stays at a constant 25%)
Credit Shop & Extra Items / Special Services Discounts
- As a Gold Member, you get various discounts on a lot of things which can be bought with credits, primarily in the Credit Shop. All prices there appear automatically decreased, for example the Stat Reset which gets discounted from 200 to 100 credits.
Reduced Revival Timer
- Now you only have to wait a mere 5 seconds to get pulled back into life in case you lose a fierce battle.
Access to the Gold Member Discussion Forum
- Gold Members get their own private section at the forums, in which they are basically free to talk about whatever they prefer to tell only Gold Members, instead of the whole community at once. This is basically an alternative Dead Frontier Discussion, but you can post various other things here just as well.
A custom forum title of your choice
- Custom titles appear directly below your profile name at each post and as a Gold Member, you can give yourself fancy titles via the profile options. An example can be seen to the right with the custom title shown in red.
Fancier in-game username color
- Gold Members in-game have golden colored usernames, as a way to show off their status symbols compared to the normal green-username players. Note that PvP will override this, and thus a Gold Member in PvP mode will still have the normal red username.
Priority Technical Support
- If technical problems are experienced by Gold Members, who then voice out about the problem, an Administrator or Moderator will promptly assist the player to the best of his or her ability.
The Frequency of adds will decrease - The Frequency of subtractions will increase
- While the advertisements may be only a minor bother to some, the number of times you will experience a pop up add regarding membership/buying items will decrease to once a day.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.